[Peace-discuss] mid-month peace demonstration -- at Country Fair, Sat July 19th, 2-4pm

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 9 18:03:07 CDT 2008

Hi, all.  As part of trying to bring messages of peace to other parts of town,
AWARE is sponsoring a special anti-war demonstration in a different place --
Country Fair shopping center -- and a different time of month --
Saturday, July 19th, 2-4pm.

Our regular first-Saturday-of-each-month peace demonstrations will continue to be
at Main & Neil in downtown Champaign.   This event is *in addition to* that series.
I (Stuart) hope this may become the first of several demonstrations in places
that don't see enough peace protests.

Location for July 19th 2-4pm event:

    Let's gather on the south side of Springfield,
    about a block west of Mattis, where there's a stoplight
    across from the Country Fair parking lot exit.
    We'll start out on the sidewalk just west of that light.

    That puts us on the sidewalk between the Arby's parking lot
    and Springfield Ave., and across Springfield from the bank.

    Some eastbound drivers stop at the light; a tree gives shade
    ,o part of the sidewalk; and we might end up talking with some
    Arby's customers (though please keep to the sidewalk -- we don't
    want to give Arby's reason to complain).

    If there are enough of us, we can spread out.   A couple of
    the corners at the nearby Springfield and Mattis intersection
    may be good places to stand too.

Parking:

    Try the large general-purpose lot just north of Springfield,
    where the bank, etc. are.  Don't park in Arby's lot.

    Also, the 50 Green and 70 Grey buses stop at Country Fair,
    as does the Southwest Direct MTD shuttle.

Bring a sign, or use one of ours, or just hang out.

Hope you can come and help us call for peace.

   Stuart

[Since this is going to several mailing lists, I've set replies
to go to me by default.]