[Peace-discuss] Progressive shock doctrine

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 10 15:25:43 CDT 2008

There is nothing to prevent progressives from using the shock doctrine in
the same way that the U. Chicago "free" market folks do. It looks to me
like the cascade effects from the price of corn that Wayne describes could
easily bring the economy to its knees. If this happens just after we get a
new president, this would be a very good time to REALLY crank up the heat
on the government to get out of the war business.

For those who haven't read Klein's book, the Shock Doctrine includes the
notion that substantial political change is possible only during a
disaster, with the advantage going to the prepared.

Curiously, it is possible to identify the source of carbon in people via
the isotope mix, and most of us are made largely of corn. Even more than
the Aztecs, it has been pointed out, we are the people of corn. Sound
impossible? Consider corn fed meat, corn sweetener in soda, corn cereal,
corn chips, bourbon (the right way to use corn ethanol), etc.

Bob