[Peace-discuss] SAIC- Info leafleting at research park next Fri???

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 16:01:10 CDT 2008

whew, already thursday, just finished spies for hire
and it's due back library . . . Does anyone on the
list have the call out for it.

I heard back from Gabe, Stuart  and Jenifer (ok, I
don't know Rosie Ledett's body of work  smilicon here)
here's the link for the Bartlett and Steele article
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2007/03/spyagency200703
here's corpwatch on saic

http://www.corpwatch.org/search.php?q=&section=&template_section=&author=By+Author&tag=By+Tag&fulltext=saic&section_logic_plus=&class=&date%5BY%5D=&date%5BM%5D=&region=&First_Name_2008=First+Name&AMPSearch=Search

here's what I've written, more text than bullet points
and attached

WHAT IS SAIC DOING IN RESEARCH PARK???

A Scientific Applications in International Computing
corporate spokesperson said in the journal Business
2.0 "We are a stealth company. We're everywhere, but
almost never seen."
    Indeed, they were there when pardoned felon
Admiral Poindexter began the Total Information
Awareness (TIA) project and received some of those
early development contracts. TIA was nominally ended
but the data mining techniques are fundamental to NSA
and other government surveillance which go on, full
speed ahead. With, of course, retroactive immunity ..
.
   Tim Shorrock's recent book Spies for Hire points
out that SAIC is fully a creature of the government:
90% of its revenue comes from federal contracts and
further he asserts "  . . . the agency (NSA) is the
company's largest single customer and SAIC is the
NSA's single contractor."  Its board has always had
many CIA alumni.
   SAIC was an early arrival to Iraq also, to join the
corporate bonanza there. It had multiple contracts,
including one for $15 million to help set up an
independent media network, within six months $82
million was spent with nothing to show. . .
   For more info, Tim Shorrock writes at corpwatch.org
and his own website. Vanity Fair's March 07 article
Washington's $8 Billion Shadow  by veteran
investigative journalists Barlett and Steele is the
first major treatment in the US press.

I was hoping for a few folks to print, perhaps on
colored paper. perhaps we could meet before the
concert, shuffle the leaflets a bit and distribute
before the show as people are arriving ..  I actually
want to enjoy Rosie performance..

cheers