[Peace-discuss] SAIC- Info leafleting at research park today

Paul Mueth paulmueth at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 11:57:58 CDT 2008

as per Stuart's request below is the info on the
concert. .

I've reconsidered the idea of totally decentralized
printing, don't let it stop you from doing it anyway.

I'll be at the sidewalk on first street, at 6 PM,
gazing the lovely blue SAIC logo with roughly the
leaflet as circulated
please join me and we can spread info in the parking
lots and on the street,

does anyone have a suggestion on campus /urbana
xeroxing .. .?
BTW Tom Turino of big grove zydeco, locally recommends
Rosie's

OUTSIDE at the Research Park Summer Concert
Series Recap

Fox/Atkins development created a new amphitheatre
this(last) summer
and a new place to play. Krannert Center for
Performing Arts partnered
with Fox Development and the U of I Research Park
presented a three show summer concerts series to
welcome the new public venue. The series kicked off
on July 7, 2007, and included three shows featuring
Funkadesi, Patty Larkin, and The Greencards.
Attendance was impressive with over 1,000 viewers at
each performance. Krannert Center for the Performing

Friday, July 11 at 7:30pm, opening act at 6:30pm
UI Research Park, 1816 South Oak Street Champaign
Free    -- No Tickets Required.
 Presented by Krannert Center, in association with
Fox/Atkins Development LLC and the Illinois Natural
History Survey

OUTSIDE at the Research Park: Rosie Ledet and The
Zydeco Playboys, with opening act John Hoeffleur

This Church Point, Louisiana, native is the real deal
when it comes to the southern Louisiana tradition of
zydeco music, but she’s not afraid to throw in a good
dose of R&B and a dash of country to mix with her
soulfully husky voice and her impressive accordion
chops. Ledet’s warm stage presence and infectious
Creole-tinged beats have earned her one of the few
female spots on the crawfish circuit, and along with
that spot have come many accolades, including those
from Offbeat Magazine’s “Best of the Best,” including
Best Zydeco Performers, Best New Zydeco Performers,
and Best Vocalist.

Krannert Center partners with Fox/Atkins Development
and the U of I Research Park to present a three-show
series of summer concerts in a welcoming public venue.

These concerts will be held just southwest of Assembly
Hall on First Street in the Research Park. Parking is
available in the lot south of the Caterpillar and SAIC
building at 1901 South First Street..

PS I'd like for someone to take a chair into area up
front whilst I'm agitating. . .