[Peace-discuss] Hellboy II: a modern Bosch

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 05:07:48 CDT 2008

It occurs to me somewhat belatedly to ask why, if indeed Hellboy II is a
modern filmic rendering of Boschian proportions, the writers of the movie's
"teaser" failed to reference Bosch, to give the film that certain highbrow *je
ne sais quoi*.  I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that 999
out of 1,000 Americans - myself included - would have absolutely no idea who
Hieronymus Bosch actually was.  :-)

John again

[John W.'s animadversions re Hellboy II have the unintended effect of