[Peace-discuss] Scarcity of linguists makes it hard to wage war

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 13:51:34 CDT 2008

Of course there would have be LESS of a shortage if the Pentagon/military would have retained the gay translators they fired... or would hire them back (see links if you haven't already). As one pundit observed, these guys are more afraid of lesbians than of terrorists. Fwiw, I do have a gay friend who translates for the fibbies (and yes, they do know he's gay).
 --Jenifer

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/11/14/attack/main529418.shtml

http://www.democracynow.org/2003/12/5/despite_increased_post_9_11_need

http://www.democrats.com/Will-Condi-Rice-Hire-A-Platoon-of-Lesbians