[Peace-discuss] Boardman Theater: The Fall, and, Body of War

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 16 11:42:49 CDT 2008

Not quite on topic but...

Jerry Levy and Karen and I went to see The Fall at Boardman's last night
and were delighted by it.  Much of it is a rich fantasy-within-a-story,
beautiful, absurd, melodramatic and funny (including Charles Darwin and
companion Wallace), set in 1915, told by a young man and imagined by a young girl,
both in a hospital.  But look for traces of the girl's story too,
whose family's house had been destroyed, she says, by "angry people".
We don't learn where she comes from but might guess.

Anyway I think we would recommend it.  It's at the Boardman Theater
only through Thursday evening (shows at 7:00pm and 9:30pm).
There were a lot of people for a Tuesday evening -- maybe 30-odd.

While there I asked about Body of War, and learned that (a) they indeed
have gotten several requests for it and (b) have been talking about bringing it.
If they hadn't decided to hold over The Fall, they might have been showing
Body of War *this week*.

At any rate, though it's not slated for any specific date, it sounds
like the Boardman likely will be showing Body of War.  They listened.
Good news.