[Peace-discuss] Blackwater-"The Skies the Limit!"

Roger Epperson cgrle at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 17:12:47 CDT 2008

You may soon find Blackwater airships patrolling the skies of Iraq and Afghanistan, or the US/Mexican border, or your local mega entertainment event, e.g. political convention.  The company says its new Polar 400 http://www.blackwaterusa.com/airship/airships can fly twice as long as other unmanned vehicles and operate at one-fifth the cost.

Blackwater expands its fleet of airships
By Michael Hoffman - Staff writer

Blackwater Worldwide is building up its own Air Force.

Airmen might soon find Blackwater blimps patrolling Iraq and Afghanistan skies in addition to its helicopter and light transport aircraft already flying thousands of missions in theater.

According to Blackwater Worldwide CEO Erik Prince, eight Blackwater CASA 212 light transport aircraft flew 11,000 sorties in Afghanistan last year supporting 38 combat outposts over 19,000 square miles. Its aircraft transported more than 40,000 personnel and 9.5 million pounds of supplies last year.

“We moved about 40,000 passengers, and our total costs, our total invoice for that mission is about what the U.S. Air Force is paying for one new C-27,” he said.

Read more: http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2008/07/airforce_blac... /