[Peace-discuss] [Fwd: [weft-comm] The coterie celebrates the killing]

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:34:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:09 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:

[It shows how much there is to do when the little group that's in control of
> WEFT -- and who undoubtedly think of themselves as "liberals" -- think this
> is a good idea.]
>

> This design is remarkably inappropriate while the USG is killing people
> from the
> Mediterranean to the Indus and from the Horn of Africa to Central Asia (and
> will
> clearly continue to do so, whoever is president in 2009).
>
> I suppose what's been called the entrenched coterie of long-time insiders
> are
> literally showing their true colors -- and why WEFT has so much trouble
> being an
> "accessible, responsible, and responsive radio alternative." --CGE

I'm not overly fond of the design either, though of course I'm unwilling to
engage in such sweeping generalizations about my beloved WEFT.  It looks for
all the world like a postage stamp to me, and a very standard postage stamp
at that.

Carl, why don't you submit a few t-shirt designs to WEFT?  If I find any of
'em to have merit (and I'm sure I will), I'll use all the power at my
disposal to try to get 'em vetted for future WEFT t-shirts.

John Wason