[Peace-discuss] Hedges: only a candidate who calls for an immediate end to the war...

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 31 17:25:43 CDT 2008

Jenifer,

McCain is a wart. His warts are so similar to Bush/Cheney's that they do not
need to be pointed to. This choir already knows this, so why sing that song?

My hope is that by pointing to Obama's warts he will look in the mirror and see
them as warts. If we don't point to them, then we are saying we are content with
them.

Obama thinks that troops in Afghanistan are better than fighting troops in Iraq.
With each day he sounds more and more similar to staying the course than
change. He scared us when he did not define Change, and we were right to be
frightened: the things he does actually say grow darker and darker as time
passes.

Why isn't MoveOn saying anything about Afghanistan, Iran, and Israel? ... Maybe
Obama might listen to them if they did.

-karen medina