[Peace-discuss] Why Obama won't say what he believes...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 6 12:34:01 CDT 2008

Some liberals explain away positions such as Obama's extreme support for Israel
(to the right of the administration) and his calls for attacking Iran as things
that he doesn't really believe but that he has to say to get elected.

Tom DeLay (who, remember, was once third in line for the presidency, after
Cheney) has another explanation for the lack of candor that some of Obama's
liberal supporters find in him.  Obama, says DeLay, is a Marxist, and doesn't
want to reveal it.

DeLay of course is talking nonsense, but so are the aforesaid liberals.  I think
Obama means what he says, and it's worthwhile to see what that is.

Obama supports the decades-old US war policy in the Middle East, and those of us
who want to change it cannot rely on him to do it for us.  --CGE