[Peace-discuss] 2-4PM today: Main Event demonstration (Sat 6/7), Main & Neil, Champaign (and NCMR 2008 in Mpls)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 7 11:30:13 CDT 2008

AWARE's monthly peace demonstration will be this afternoon,
Saturday, June 6th, at the usual 2:00-4:00pm and usual place,
Main and Neil streets in downtown Champaign.  Please join us!
Carry our signs, bring your own, or just stand with us,
and support our community in standing up to oppose war.

(I won't be there -- am posting this from the Nat'l Conference
for Media Reform in Minneapolis -- an exciting time here,
with 3000-odd attendees.  Videos and transcripts for the
plenary sessions, including this morning's fine talk by
Bill Moyers, will be available soon on the conference web site,
  http://www.freepress.net/conference/

Plenary sessions are also being streamed live,
including tonight's keynote (8-10pm):

    Keynote – Media Reform Begins With Me Arianna Huffington, Baratunde
    Thurston, Byron Dorgan, D.J. Nikoles, Dan Rather, Grace Lee Boggs,
    Lizz Winstead, Maria Isa, Michael Copps, Naomi Klein, Romal J. Tune,
    Shá Cage, Silvia Rivera, Tim Wu

Audio of *all* the sessions is supposed to be archived too, though
I don't see any yet.)

   Stuart