[Discuss] Fwd: [Peace-discuss] on Jury Nullification

Ricky Baldwin baldwinricky at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 04:19:39 CDT 2008

Great!  Some places they hand out pamphlets on jury nullification.
These are resources we can get, too.

The real pinch I think comes not from the prosecuting attorney asking
questions, as discussed just now, but earlier.  I was called last year
for jury duty and they show you a little video of the judge (so you
can't ask him/her any questions?) telling you you must follow the law
even if you disagree with it -- completely false of course, but try
arguing with the court functionaries they have herding you around ...
then they ask you to swaer an oath that you can do that, even if you
disagree.

Bears some thinking about in my opinion.

I think most of the very honest people who'd be willing to stand up for
real justice against such "justice" lies could be weeded out by this
oath "requirement."  So, for example, I KNEW about jury nullification,
but I wasn't sure how I was going to get IN ... and in the end, the
case (whatever it was) was settled by the psychological pressure on the
defendant of our tromping feet outside the courtroom door (another
issue in itself).

The system isn't just broken, folks, it's twisted and tangled - gnarled
even - and, like the hydra, you chop off one head it grows two.
Ricky