[Peace-discuss] Go Dennis!!!!!

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 10 23:05:13 CDT 2008

On Monday, Rep. Dennis Kucinich made history on the floor of the House by
reading 35 Articles of Impeachment against President George W. Bush...

We've waited years to find one Member of Congress brave enough to stand up for
our Constitution, for which generations of Americans have fought and died. We
are thrilled and honored that Dennis Kucinich has chosen to be that one genuine
patriot.

We congratulate him on his historic leadership, and pledge to do everything in
our power to persuade the House to adopt all 35 Articles and put George W. Bush
on trial before the Senate of the United States, exactly as the Founding Fathers
wanted.

Of course, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA-8), Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (MD-5), and
Democratic Caucus Chair Rahm Emanuel (IL-5) all remain adamantly opposed to
impeachment - despite the overwhelming evidence of High Crimes, including the
"Phase II" report by the Senate Intelligence Committee and Scott McClellan's new
book.

And when Rep. Robert Wexler (FL-19) called for Judiciary Committee hearings on
Kucinich's Articles of Impeachment against Vice President Cheney in January,
only 17 Democrats joined them: Neil Abercrombie (HI-1), Tammy Baldwin (WI-2),
Michael Capuano (MA-8), Yvette Clarke (NY-11), Lacy Clay (MO-1), Steve Cohen
(TN-9), Peter DeFazio (OR-4), Keith Ellison (MN-5), Sam Farr (CA-17), Raúl
Grijalva (AZ-7), Luis Gutierrez (IL-4), Barbara Lee (CA-9), Gwen Moore (WI-4),
Jim Moran (VA-8), Mike Thompson (CA-1), Ed Towns (NY-10), and Lynn Woolsey (CA-6).

So Kucinich's heroic efforts will be in vain unless we inundate Congress with
emails and calls (202-224-3121) showing our full support for Rep. Kucinich's 35
Articles of Impeachment:

http://www.democrats.com/35-articles-of-impeachment