[Peace-discuss] *Body of War* (do we want t-shirts?)

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 16 11:15:27 CDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:57:15PM -0500, Jan & Durl Kruse wrote:
> http://www.bodyofwar.com/
>
> For those interested in contacting Mr. Boardman to request the film *Body
> of War* to be shown at the ART Theatre
> please email him at:  greg at BoardmansTheatres.com
>
> Mr. Boardman is usually receptive to movie suggestions and if a number
> people request this film perhaps
> we will convince him to bring it to the ART.
>
> Thanks,
> Jan Kruse

One kind of material promotion we might do: apparently they had
made t-shirts featuring the names of the 23 senators and
133 representatives who voted against the 2002 Authorization
of Military Force (House Joint Res. 114).   The roll-call vote,
and arguments on both sides (especially from Constitution-waving
Senator Byrd, who comes across as a hero standing in opposition
to the bill) is a big part of Body of War.

Would we want to try to get some of these to sell at Farmer's Market?
I don't even know whether they're available now -- some people were
wearing them in Minneapolis, but I think they're out of them.
Sounds as though they were giving them away to people who came to
see the film.

What I'd suggest is -- if shirts are available -- that
AWARE buy a few and try to sell them at Farmer's Market.

Unfortunately I don't think I got a picture of the shirt,
and googling isn't turning one up.  But they're primarily
the list of names -- Senators on the front, Representatives
(in tiny print) on the back.

I can try to check into availability if this sounds halfway reasonable
thing for us to do.