[Peace-discuss] nursing home issue / Brad Jones' flyer in the corn fields of Savoy

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:49:29 CDT 2008

RE: the nursing home issue

[A flyer from Brad Jones was just stuck in "my" door (in a remote Savoy
neighborhood). -karen medina ]

The flyer says:
As Vice-Chair of the County Board Finance Committee, my priority is making
our government more efficient and improving the county's finances to reduce
the reliance on tax increases.

I have supported operational changes at the Champaign County Nursing Home
that would make it more efficient. Others feel a property tax increase is the best
solution for the nursing home.

Local school boards within Champaign County have voted to place a referendum
for an additional 1% sales tax for school facilities on the election ballot this
November.

The flyer asks for response on 3 questions:
1) Do you support a referendum this November to increase the property tax
subsidy for the nursing home?
Yes ____   No ____   Comment ___________________

2) Should the county board vote to reduce this requested tax increase to a rate
of less than 1%?

3) Do you favor keeping the size of the county board at 27 members?

I look forward to receiving your comments at:
brad-jones1 at hotmail.com
or
3105 Amy Drive, Champaign, IL 61822

Brad Jones
Vice-Chair County Board Finance Committee
Your Voice in Champaign County Government