[Peace-discuss] Obama vs. McCain: Differences That Matter (Tom Hayden)

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 17 23:25:59 CDT 2008

It would be good to read the two columns (not one) that Hayden is ostensibly
replying to here.  (They appeared in the New Statesman, not the Economist.)

	"In the great tradition, Obama is a hawk" (12 Jun 2008)
	<http://www.johnpilger.com/page.asp?partid=492>

	"From Kennedy to Obama: Liberalism's last fling" (29 May 2008)
	<http://www.johnpilger.com/page.asp?partid=489>

Although I think it would be worthwhile to vote against McCain in states where
it might make a difference, it seems clear to me that Pilger has the better of
this argument, not least in regard to the myth-making in which Hayden (who knows
better, because he saw it at first hand) indulges in regard to Robert Kennedy.

--CGE