[Peace-discuss] Why the Democrats are as they are

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Jun 18 22:01:19 CDT 2008

The Gini coefficient is more useful if one constructs bootstrap
confidence intervals and also the Lorenz asymmetry coefficient with its
confidence intervals.  Otherwise it might be misleading to simply
compare two numbers and say, hey this one is bigger (smaller) than that
one (therefore something meaningful is occurring).