FW: [Peace-discuss] Bush admin torture policy

LAURIE LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Thu Jun 19 10:52:04 CDT 2008

A few thoughts on what you have furnished.

First, I like it and think it might be communicative.  Second, while there
are quotation marks, I still think that a more obvious statement of
attribution of the quote to the general might be helpful and more forceful.
Some may not associate the quote with the general or that it was the general
who is being quoted.  We have all seen quotes place in conjunction with
images that they may not be related to or only tenuously related to.  Some
along the parade route may make an assumption that this is what is being
done in order to attract attention to and give credence to the contents of
the quote.

Third, I think that in putting it on the float, given its size, one needs to
be mindful of wind effects and remember to put air holes in the 7 X 6 foot
panel so as to let the air through and not turn the panel into a kite.

Fourth, it may not be feasible; but I think that it would be nice, have more
impact, and be much more interesting if a revolving square of four panels -
each with a different quote and person - were to be used. This could be done
mechanically with a motor or by an individual sitting on the float and
slowly turning the square by hand.  I think that several images and quotes
would present the idea that it is not just a single person who has expressed
reservations and condemnations but a number of such persons of authority and
prestige who have done so.

Hope this has furnished some encouragement and useful suggestions.