[Peace-discuss] Obama's perfidy on FISA

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:30:59 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Morton K. Brussel <brussel at uiuc.edu> wrote:

It seems that the obvious answer is that the Telecoms did *not* have to
> comply with an unconstitutional request from the executive.  They were only
> too willing…, and not all complied--mkb

Maybe you're right, Mort.  I have a tendency to compare the telecoms to
things I'm more familiar with - the rank-and-file soldiers that Laurie
mentioned, and to incidents in my own life where I as a lowly firefighter
was ordered to do things that were of questionable legality, on pain of
losing my job for "insubordination".  But I didn't have armies of lawyers to
advise me, or a huge budget for legal counsel and litigation.  I guess
that's one of the key differences.

John