[Peace-discuss] Obama's threat

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 13:52:07 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:29 AM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:

[Remember that in the 2000 campaign Bush attacked Clinton's invasion of
> Serbia and said that he would not indulge in such "nation-building."  We
> have to assume that some people voted for him because they were tired of
> Clinton's foreign policy lies.  Now Obama attacks Bush's foreign policy
> lies...  --CGE]

And you're attacking what you've already decided are Obama's past lies,
while holding up his present words as some sort of immutable truth.   What
if Obama is lying NOW to get elected, and he really intends, once elected,
to do the opposite of what he's saying now?  You reckon that's possible?

Ralph Nader tells the truth all the time, and never changes his message.
But he don't get elected.  What does that tell you?