[Peace-discuss] Obama's perfidy on FISA

Karen Medina kmedina at uiuc.edu
Sat Jun 28 15:47:06 CDT 2008

John W. wrote:
>   legislative time and
>   energy would be better spent in impeaching and/or
>   prosecuting members of the current administration
>   than in creating liability for telecoms.  Let's hold
>   the REAL criminals liable!

By going after the telecoms they are doing things that will be helpful for going
after the current administration.
1) They are raising public awareness to the criminality of warrentless wiretapping.
2) Gathering information that they can use against the executive branch.

Plus, I think the telecoms were wrong to go along, and I want to praise the ones
that refused to go along. If the telecoms are held responsible, they'll do it again.

-karen medina