[Peace-discuss] 4000 U.S. Deaths Should Spark Congressional Debate on Iraq

Morton K. Brussel brussel at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 24 14:40:04 CDT 2008

I especially would emphasize the statement in your article:

Surely the fact that just over a quarter of American adults could say
about how many Americans had been killed in Iraq represents an
indictment of our media and the actions of our political leaders.

  But I would suggest  that the media are complicit in the basic aims
of the Bush administration: Control of the ME and West Asia and its
resources---"our national interests", and that is a reason for their
playing down about what's occurring in our occupation of Iraq and
Afghanistan as well as probable plans for an attack on Iran.

--mkb