[Peace-discuss] an anti-bias poster for the CUMTD buses?

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 19:18:06 CDT 2008

"The Arabs USED to say"... and what do they say NOW? And I know it's metaphor and that we don't REALLY advocate feeding anyone for three days w/o getting some background info.. but I (continue to) think this is a confusing quote to put on inside of buses (or anywhere else w/o a lotta context). Again, I'd vote for a MLK quote that is short and gender-free (MLK's closer to home anyhow and would resonate more w/ readers). I suggested a couple a month or so ago, if anyone happened to save that email.
   --Jenifer

Stuart Levy <slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Hi. Here's an attempt at something I'd like to propose
posting on the insides of our buses.

A .pdf is attached, but the text reads:

(on the left hand side)

The Arabs used to say,