[Peace-discuss] Pander-Bear...Ack!

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 12:00:23 CDT 2008

I think it is possible both that George Bush is stupid at the analytical level to which Vidal refers, but smart and consciously self-interested in pursuing the narrow ends of the permanent government at the extreme end of the spectrum, while still needing the help of some smarter people who use their intelligence to scare the public by lying to it.

  I more disagree with Vidal in his view that the public is also stupid, and in fact he contradicts himself in his reference to "amnesia." That word should apply to something that is known and then not remembered. But as Vidal comments, the public has never been taught the truth about our history in the first place, due to our educational system.

  DG