[Peace-discuss] Obama

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Wed May 14 17:21:01 CDT 2008

 From an article in the Guardian:  http://www.commondreams.org/
archive/2008/05/14/8952/

…Past presidents have greater freedom than future presidents,
apparently. So the big questions remain: does Obama really want to
change US foreign policy and can he, if he does? Having a black
person in the Oval Office, and especially one with an understanding
of US imperialism, would have a colossal international impact in
itself. But would this merely result in even greater disappointment
once the months go by and US policy stays the same? In my kishkas
[gut] I feel Obama is our best hope. In my mind I prepare for
business as usual.…

–Jonathan Steele