[Peace-discuss] [Aware] Theatre Mir presents "The Prisoner's Dilemma" [in Chicago]

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu May 15 13:28:19 CDT 2008

Though probably most ICPJ members live closer to Chicago than
we do, some here might care about this, which was sent to
aware at anti-war.net...

----- Forwarded message from Stephen Loch <stephen.loch at theatremir.com> -----

Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 13:03:08 -0500
From: Stephen Loch <stephen.loch at theatremir.com>
Subject: [Aware] Theatre Mir presents "The Prisoner's Dilemma"
To: Stephen Loch <stephen.loch at theatremir.com>

*To:  Members of the Illinois Coalition for Peace and Justice*

*Dear Friends,*

*Theatre Mir, a new Chicago theatre company, is proud to present our
inaugural production:  David Edgar's The Prisoner's Dilemma.  We have been
contacting groups and organizations whose members, we feel, would be
interested in the themes and issues explored in this dramatic work.  Below
is information about how you can take advantage of discounts on tickets for
groups of 10 or more.  We also invite you to visit our website,
www.theatremir.com, to learn more about our company and its mission.*

*If you have any questions about this exciting and provocative play, or to
order group tickets, please contact us at boxoffice at theatremir.com.*

*Thank you for your time and consideration.*

*Stephen Loch*

*Comany Manager, Theatre Mir*
------------------------------
Theatre Mir is proud to present the United States premiere of David Edgar's
*The Prisoner's Dilemma*. Political and religious conflicts threaten to tear
apart a young Eastern European country as diplomats struggle to unite the
warring factions and their nation. Edgar's work takes us from the
battlefield to the negotiating table in this dramatic examination of
diplomacy and ethnicity, national identity and nation-building. *The
Prisoner's Dilemma *plays May 22 - June 22 at Raven Theatre, 6157 N. Clark
Street in Chicago.

Bring a group of 10 or more to one of the performances, and you can take
advantage of the perks listed below, so that you and your colleagues can
experience this production together - one that is certain to stimulate
discussion among your group members.

*Group Ticket Information (for groups of 10 or more)*

*Preview Performances - May 22-25*
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8:30 pm; Sunday 3:30 pm
Group Tickets: $10 each (you save 50%)

*Regular Performances - May 29-June 22*
Thursday, Friday, Saturday 8:30 pm; Sunday 3:30 pm
Group Tickets: $15 each (you save up to 40%)

*Perks for Groups*

Post-show Discussions - you and your group can engage in discussion with the
cast about the play, the production, and the issues surrounding it. Arrange
in advance, at the time of ordering your tickets.

Promotional Materials - we can provide you with posters, postcards or
graphics to help you promote the show to your group.

*Ordering Group Tickets*

Contact Mira Vasiljevic, Audience Development Director, at *
boxoffice at theatremir.com* or (312) 458-9855 to order group tickets or for
any other group questions. We look forward to working with you to create a
special and invigorating event for you and your group.

Sincerely,