[Peace-discuss] State of the anti-war movement

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 23:09:33 CDT 2008

Count me in as a supporter as well. We need to join this effort and send
someone to the conference. I've read their proposed structure document and
proposed action document. This is primarily an effort to create nationwide
unity among anti-war groups primarily toward the purpose of effecting
mass, unified national demonstrations (the first of which is tentatively
slated for next Spring). Reading between the lines, this will be in large
part an effort to bridge the gap between UFPJ and ANSWER and bring in
*all* other anti-war forces together around an admirably uncompromising
agenda demanding *immediate and complete* withdrawal with an explicit,
categorical independence from all political parties, focusing on mass
national (even international) demonstrations as the central strategy.

Who knows, it might fall flat on its face, but even if it does, it
shouldn't be because we failed to support it. We simply wouldn't be worth
our salt as an anti-war group if we didn't do our best to support this
regardless.