[Peace-discuss] Fwd: BLACKWATER WORLDWIDE SUES CITY OF SAN DIEGO

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:47:16 CDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marcia Bernsten <marcia at andrewlehman.com>
Date: Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Subject: BLACKWATER WORLDWIDE SUES CITY OF SAN DIEGO
To: Mary Shesgreen <marysedrop at msn.com>, Dan Kenney <
treesfieldssky at yahoo.com>, Fred Turk <turkfk at essex1.com>, Barbara Kessel <
barkes at gmail.com>, Peg Strobel <peg.strobel at sbcglobal.net>, Bill Barclay <
chocolatehouse at sbcglobal.net>

ACTION ALERT! Blackwater Sues City of San Diego

Tue, 27 May 2008
From: Carol Jahnkow *_prcsandiego at igc.org* <_prcsandiego%40igc.org>_
(mailto:*prcsandiego at igc.org* <prcsandiego%40igc.org>)

ACTION ALERT!!
BLACKWATER WORLDWIDE SUES CITY OF SAN DIEGO

Council Member Ben Hueso alerted us at today's City Council meeting
that Blackwater Worldwide has filed a lawsuit against the City of San
Diego. They want to restrain the City from withholding their
occupancy permit on a permanent basis, so they can open their
"vocational school" on June 2. In an interview with KPBS' Amitra
Sharma, Blackwater representative Brian Bonfiglio charged that the
city is "trying to curry favor with activists." WE NEED YOU TO
PLEASE WRITE TO THE CITY COUNCIL, CITY ATTORNEY MIKE AGUIRRE AND
MAYOR SANDERS IMMEDIATELY asking them to stand firm and not let
Blackwater bully its way into San Diego!

Please go to _www.prcsd.org_ (*http://www.prcsd.org/*<http://www.prcsd.org/>)
and Click on the Red
Action alert; this
will take you to our No Mercenaries page where you can:

1. Read Blackwater's complaint against the City (in the Potrero/San
Diego column)

2. Link to Amitra Sharma's story on KPBS Radio (in the Electronic
Media column)

3. Link to the e-mail addresses of city officials (in the
Potrero/San Diego column)

4. Read about the Grand Jury probe into Blackwater shootings today
in Washington, D.C. where at least 3 Iraqis testified about the
September 17, 2007 shooting in Bagdad's Nisour Square (Mercenary News
column)

The lawsuit demonstrates just what Blackwater is really
about--profiting from war, social unrest and suffering at any
cost. It is outrageous that Blackwater is using taxpayer
dollars--i.e., their ill-gained profits--to force itself on San
Diego. Citizens in San Diego and the City are already suffering from
hard economic times and suing the city is another theft of taxpayer
money. Blackwater also says that denying them their occupancy is a
violation of their Constitutional rights and that they are being
treated unfairly! Since when does Blackwater play by the rules? Let
the City know that we don't want Blackwater here under any circumstances.

Blackwater's suit will be heard some time this week in Federal Court;
when we find out details--day, time--we'll let you know.

Carol Jahnkow, Director, Peace Resource Center of San Diego
_www.prcsd.org_ (*http://www.prcsd.org/* <http://www.prcsd.org/>)