[Peace-discuss] "Obama 4 Peace; Candy 4 All"

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Nov 3 15:38:30 CST 2008

I was also an alternate Delegate to the RNC (but as one of about 300 who
went supporting Ron Paul).

It's not particularly surprising to hear that the behaviour of those who
have drank
the neoconservative koolaid is following a script consistent with the
agenda of the neocons.

It might be surprising to some (who have forgotten) that the Republican
party
conservatism is traditionally anti-war, and that the civil rights acts
of the 50's and 60's
were sponsored by Republicans while both Southern and Northern Democrats
vigourously
fought civil rights.  Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.

We desperately wanted to return the Republican party back to its
anti-war, anti-authoritarian, anti-government roots,
as ridiculous as that sounds to some from the progressive left who can't
imagine anything from the Right except the
monster of W., et al.  We were among the Republicans who want to see
Bush Cheney and Rove held accountable for
their crimes, not because we want revenge or so-called "justice" but
because we want to see the usurpation of power
rolled back and we want their punishment to be a warning to all who
might try to do the same.  We wanted Ron Paul
to have a chance to address the RNC and deliver to them the message that
the neocons didnt want the world to hear.

The neocons of course would have none of that and bent, broke, ignored,
and trampled the rules of the GOP and engaged in paramilitary thug
tactics to squelch dissent both inside and outside the convention.

It's not at all surprising that this lady got the take-home message
directly from McCain and Rove, et al and is busy about being a good
little neocon at home
and in her community.