[Peace-discuss] Obama's Goons

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 07:48:17 CST 2008

One way in which the Obama campaign has been able to attain such record levels of popularity is by stifling dissent.

Obama's goon squads first came to fruition back during his senate campaign, when he successfully forced open the divorce records of Republican opponent Jack Ryan, thus assuring his easy election to the Senate.

He now continues to refuse to allow anyone to show up at a public forum and question his tyrannous positions on the greater Middle East conflict, or on his close relationship to Wall St. funders, who have made his campaign the richest of all time.

I attended the Senator's final rally last night in Manassas, VA, on the outskirts of the dc-metro sprawl (currently residing in dc as a freelance translator), and was told that I could not enter with my anti-war sign, but was free to bring an Obama placard into the event. I then asked the officer if this was police policy or campaign policy, and he informed me that this was campaign policy.

This was infamously the policy at Obama's rally in Berlin, where he told the people of that city who have suffered so much for their freedoms that he had no respect for their right to free speech. And appearantly this has been the norm throughout all of his rallies.

Can we trust a president who doesn't trust us to express ourselves freely? I think not.

More about Obama's goons here:
http://sooshisoo.wordpress.com/2008/09/26/obama-censoring-free-speech/

-
Matt