[Peace-discuss] Election, Chenoweth

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 4 13:03:57 CST 2008

Don Chenoweth was not working my polling place today as he always has been,
so I asked and found out that he is not doing well following his latest
treatments and had to make a trip to the hospital last night. I pass this
on because I know that Don has friends who are on this list.

Today we are finding out whether the Republic is likely over, compliments
of the neocons (the administration is scrambling to tighten up the police
state even as we vote, and McCain seems to be in bed with them), or whether
she still has life in her. It is going to take a mass movement to
straighten out this pseudo-fascist mess, even if Obama wins.

There are a number of posters to this list who hold both the Republic and
liberal democracy in contempt, but who offer no better, workable
alternative. They have no effect if no one takes them seriously. This, of
course, is what they fear most. It is also what we must do if we are to be
an effective part of the healing process.

Bob