[Peace-discuss] IVAW's open letter to Obama

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 19:56:24 CST 2008

I think it goes back to the Bush administration's (i.e. Paul
Wolfowitz) arguments that the Iraq war was supposed to pay for itself
-- Iraqi oil profits and revenues would pay for the reconstruction.

I personally don't see the morality there in Wolfy's arguments
(mainly because there seems to be none) but that was the argument
given and accepted by much of the public in the buildup to the war in
2003.

Smile and keep fighting,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]