[Peace-discuss] Bellicose rhetoric???

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:52:06 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 1:36 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at uiuc.edu> wrote:

Whose interests are served by making it a rule that a recent generation of
> European politics may never be mentioned?

It's not a rule, Carl.  It's a phenomenon, like gravity.  In a political
debate, sooner or later someone always mentions Hitler.  I personally
thought that your reference to Hitler and anti-semitism was crudely
illustrative.

> Perhaps we're not to mention fascism on the rule that one doesn't mention
> rope in the house of a hanged man.

This is a rule I'm not familiar with.  Whose interests are served by not
mentioning rope in the house of a hanged man?