[Peace-discuss] Anti-war Obama?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 12 14:00:01 CST 2008

John rightly intimates that the "bellicose rhetoric???" thread is somewhat
out of hand at 50 hits. The title has nothing to do with the current content.

Laurie wrote "Was Obama an anti-war candidate, or wasn't he? It's not
difficult to say accurately that Paul, Nader, McKinney and probably Barr
were anti-war candidates.  Look at what they said..."

Obama is on record that the Iraq invasion and occupation was "stupid". I
expect him to terminate the occupation, something we should noisily
encourage. He does not claim that all war is stupid, and representing that
he takes this position and then calling him a hypocrite, as seems to be the
rage on this list, is contrary to the facts. Trying to convince a majority
of Americans that all war is bad, which would of course include the
American Revolution, is a waste of time. This endless bickering over Obama
is also a waste of time. We need to pick our battles (no pun intended).

Bob