[Peace-discuss] Bellicose rhetoric???

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 12 16:31:28 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 04:11:40PM -0600, C. G. Estabrook wrote:
> It seems to have been/become an eminently political question.
>
> My memory is that the question was raised by Jenifer & John W. in re
> (political) morality -- which it seems to have come back around to.
>
> And surely your machine has a 'delete' key, Stuart.

Yes it does.  But if we expect all communication channels to carry
all discussions, they'll all get so cluttered that
none of us can communicate anything useful over them,
as USENET users (a good example of organized anarchy)
learned long ago.

We've lost three peace-discuss subscribers over the last
couple of days, after losing only one in all of October.
I don't know why, but suspect that it's related to this
flurry of messages, many of which have drifted far from
the original topic of this list,

   "for general discussion of anti-war, anti-racism and other AWARE issues"

And no, that isn't a rule.  But if you (any of us) find yourself replying
to a message that really doesn't have much to do with the above
with another message that also doesn't, then please consider
replying directly to the interested person(s) rather than to the whole list.

By the way, thanks especially for posting the note about supporting refusers.