[Peace-discuss] Urbana's WQ seeking ethnic cleansing and more power over property owners.

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Nov 12 22:28:31 CST 2008

The implication seems to be that the criminal activity is a product of
the property due
to some fault of the landlord, which is absurd.

All of the activities are things done by people not by property.   Once
the people are
arrested and removed as provided for by existing laws, the problem is
ended.  If the
police fail to round up all of those responsible, how is that the fault
of the property or the property owner?

Indeed the people participating in or instigating the "criminal
activities" are not necessarily even
tenants in the case of rental properties, and they might not be "invited
guests" or "family members" of tenants.

What I see here impending is yet another violation of property rights by
the City Administration.

*

Tom, you are predicting the same racial outcome that I saw in this
ordinance.