[Peace-discuss] mobilizing the masses

Karen Medina kmedina at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 19 15:06:01 CST 2008

[RE: mobilizing the masses
There has been discussion on this list about how to move the forthcoming
administration... and take advantage of the groups that were brought together
for the election... so I just thought I'd point out that MoveOn is rallying the
groups together. Yes, I have issues with MoveOn, but I am not afraid to give it a
try. Two invitations for tomorrow evening are below. -karen medina]

"On Thursday, November 20, there will be MoveOn parties around the country to
celebrate the election results and plan next steps to win progressive change in
the Obama Administration. We're ready to end the war in Iraq, win universal
health care, a real economic stimulus, clean energy, labor law reform, real
diplomacy. Join us in celebrating Obama's victory and mobilizing for future
progressive victories! "

20 November (Thursday)
In Champaign-Urbana:

Urbana, 7:30 pm, Michael B's, E. Washington , at Webber:
http://pol.moveon.org/event/firedup/85226

Champaign, 6:30 SW of Kirby and Prospect:
http://pol.moveon.org/event/firedup/86330