[Peace-discuss] FW: Obama's Use of Complete Sentences Alienates Americans, Smacks of Elitism

webmaster at one-world.org webmaster at one-world.org
Sun Nov 23 02:40:40 CST 2008

It is somehow comforting to hear complete sentences from any political
figure, much less the president-elect!  Wow! We educated folk get to
feel like we're being represented....

  Still, we shouldn't be complacent.  A schooled fellow in office
doesn't mean we'll see the transformations we want.  If you want any
hope of your policy ideas being reflected in Obama's policies, you'll
have to start now.  This time of "transition" is the time to start
hammering the new president with suggestions.  The aggregate result of
individuals, responding through the Obama internet behemoth, might
actually have some impact, even if it is only "social movement
ammunition" for him to use while he pushes certain agenda.

  I'll put it this way:  if you want a single-payer national health
plan, now is the time to be clamoring.  If you want an end to war, now
is the time to demand it.  If you want to see a new "New Deal," with a
"Green Progress Adminstration," then you should start asking for it
now.  The transition period for Obama is unlike any other in history,
because he has set up a 2-way information infrastructure with his
base.  We should take advantage of this situation.

----- Message from jencart13 at yahoo.com ---------