[Peace-discuss] Re: Frontline, Venezuela

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Wed Nov 26 11:05:00 CST 2008

Frontline was pretty light-weight. It referred to the "failure", I believe
it was, of the health care system, without explanation. It mentioned the
increase in violence without mentioning that drugs are being moved through
Venezuela since Columbia is relatively locked down. It mentioned the
non-renewal of the TV license without mentioning that the station had
supported the coup against Chavez.....

I would like to have heard a discussion of issues in the implementation of
economic reforms, particularly the health care system, but they weren't
really there.

Bob