[Peace-discuss] some things AWARE might call on...

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 28 18:12:38 CST 2008

Neil's comments seem to me to indicate some appropriate additions:

*immediate withdrawal of all US forces -- military, mercenary, client (Israeli &
NATO) and corporate from Iraq; reparations; prosecutions of those who launched
an aggressive war, "the supreme international crime" (i.e., worse than terrorism).

*immediate withdrawal of all US forces -- military, mercenary, client (Israeli &
NATO) and corporate from Afghanistan; reparations for the attack on that
country; prosecutions of those who launched an aggressive war in the fall of 2001.

*cessation of attacks into other countries -- including Pakistan, Iran, and
Somalia -- and an ending of the fraudulent "war on terrorism," embraced by the
new administration.

*cessation of all aid to Israel, military and otherwise, until UN res. 242 is
observed -- complete Israeli withdrawal form the occupied territories.

*along with substantial cuts in military expense (Frank's 25% is a mere starting
point), support for a ban on fissionable material (which Clinton & Bush
prevented) and an end to arms transfers abroad.

*reversal of Latin American policy.

*an end to the torture regime and prosecution of those responsible in the
administration, Pentagon and CIA; closure of Gitmo & secret prisons, and
repatriation of the prisoners.

*an economic program in the interests of the majority, not the opulent minority,
as the current programs are.