[Peace-discuss] some things AWARE might call on the Obama adminstration to do (for Main Event, and maybe Farmer's Market)

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 00:06:40 CST 2008

All -

First, I definitely agree that everything that needs saying in a
succinct way is a very difficult task.

I don't believe I was condemning actions of the Obama administration
here before they acted.  I tried to put it as a healthy warning of
"Don't do X, Y or Z." as a healthy warning after suffering eight long
years of idiocy, dipshititude and absolute asshattery from the
Bushistas in regards to foreign policy, domestic policy, et al.  My
patience at this point is very thin for most any politician, so I may
have come off a bit stern.  But when one looks at the polls and sees
such dissatisfaction with our government and the way the country is
moving, perhaps a little (okay a lot in my case) sternness is
justified and appropriate.  As with any President, the public needs
to be rabble-rousing and putting on pressure to make the President do
anything.  I personally do not hold out much hope for Obama to do
certain things, but I also see him very susceptible to the public
pressures inside the country.

I think this flyer assists in giving concrete things we demand from
an Obama administration and could educate people on what we're FOR
rather than what we're against.  Plus, with so much messed up in this
country right now, any pamphlet would be a little long. :)

Live without dead time,

      Neil

  With the people, for the people, by the people. I crack up when I
hear it; I say, with the handful, for the handful, by the handful
because that's what really happens...It's time for America to get right.
[fannie lou hamer, 1917-1977]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]