[Peace-discuss] "...the unacknowledged legislators..."

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 2 02:48:39 CDT 2008

 From <http://money.cnn.com/2008/10/01/news/pdf/index.htm>:

11  SEC. 112. COORDINATION WITH FOREIGN AUTHORITIES
12  AND CENTRAL BANKS.
13  The Secretary shall coordinate, as appropriate, with
14  foreign financial authorities and central banks to work
15  toward the establishment of similar programs by such
16  authorities and central banks. To the extent that such
17  foreign financial authorities or banks hold troubled assets as
18  a result of extending financing to financial institutions
19  that have failed or defaulted on such financing, such
20  troubled assets qualify for purchase under section 101.

     "Give me your mortgage backed securities, your collateralized
         debt obligations and credit default swaps,
      Your toxic balance sheets yearning to accumulate risk-free,
      The wretched financial refuse of your teeming shore.
      Send these, the homeless capital flows, tempest-tossed to me,
      I lift my lamp beside the Treasury door!"

[From a post to the excellent lbo-talk list.  --CGE]