[Peace-discuss] senators who voted against the $800 B +++ bailout bill...

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Thu Oct 2 13:28:42 CDT 2008

I have to rather firmly disagree with you on this one, Jenifer,
although that is a fairly standard partisan explanation that you provide.

Many of those who voted against it whether R or D, did so because the
measure is fundamentally flawed,
and they see the only possible remedy as allowing the failing
institutions to collapse and be liquidated,
following which event the economy will recover.  Propping up these
institutions by printing more
money will not do anything for the long term and will further add to the
continuing inflation and collapse of the dollar.