[Peace-discuss] stock injection option in the bailout?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 17:37:57 CDT 2008

http://banking.senate.gov/public/_files/latestversionAYO08C32_xml.pdf
SEC. 113. MINIMIZATION OF LONG-TERM COSTS AND MAXIMIZATION OF BENEFITS
FOR TAXPAYERS.
(d) CONDITIONS ON PURCHASE AUTHORITY FOR WARRANTS AND DEBT INSTRUMENTS.—
(1) IN GENERAL.—The Secretary may not purchase, or make any commitment
to purchase, anytroubled asset under the authority of this Act, unless
the Secretary receives from the financial institution
from which such assets are to be purchased—
(A) in the case of a financial institution,
the securities of which are traded on a national
securities exchange, a warrant giving the right
to the Secretary to receive nonvoting common
stock or preferred stock in such financial institution, or voting
stock with respect to which,
the Secretary agrees not to exercise voting
power, as the Secretary determines appropriate;
or
(B) in the case of any financial institution
other than one described in subparagraph (A),
a warrant for common or preferred stock, or a
senior debt instrument from such financial in12
stitution, as described in paragraph (2)(C).