[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] Urbana City Council Passes Marijuana Ordinance 7-0

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Tue Oct 7 12:36:42 CDT 2008

Very disappointing.  It should be for all offenses, not just first time - or
at least the first 3 times.  It should be for 30 grams or less (a personal
bag or less).  And it should NOT include discretion!

This is one of those painful moments of not being on council to fight for
the right thing.

It is up to the COMMUNITY to fight for the right policies and not just a
watered down one that Champaign already has.  Now we will have to play cat
and mouse with the police department where they play with the statistics, if
they provide them at all.  Sigh.

- Danielle