[Peace-discuss] What the Debate Missed on Afghanistan: Brits Say Talk to Taliban

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Oct 9 11:41:56 CDT 2008

Petraeus of course knows -- contrary to the USG lie -- that he's not killing
people in the Middle East to prevent terrorists from attacking New York (his
actions may indeed encourage that) but rather to deter the resistance to US
military domination of the world's leading energy-producing region.

He knows that the Taliban and 18th-century European colonists in North America
are alike to the extent that they form a resistance to military domination by a
foreign empire. --CGE