Re: [Peace-discuss] Fear McCain…

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:24:22 CDT 2008

Ho hum.

Apologists for Obama.  The man admits to being no fan of Obama or his
neoliberal politics yet then proceeds to lambast McCain for his
neoliberal politics.

"America's quadrennial candidate-centered corporate-crafted
"electoral extravaganzas" (Noam Chomsky's term) tend to cloak the
fundamental corporate and imperial consensus between reigning parties
and politicians, focusing voters on superficial differences of
candidate style instead of the fact that both of the nation's
dominant political parties are well to the right of the populace on
numerous key issues.  The current election year is no exception."

I'd concur -- this is a partisan hack job focusing on minor
differences (i.e. calling Janet Reno Chelsea's "father") rather than
the fact that both parties are significantly to the right of the
general population.  Even the author admits that Obama and McCain
have a fundamental consensus on corporate and imperial issues.

Its not the act of seeing with our own eyes alone; its correctly
comprehending what we see,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]