[Peace-discuss] Bush-Obama terrorism in AfPak

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 07:58:24 CDT 2008

Allow me to wade through the ad hominem attacks and address the issue.

Your analogy misrepresents the situation.  The analogy would be more
clear if the 2nd man helped get the gun, get the ammunition, the new
address of the ex-wife and paid for a taxi to bring the 1st man to
the home to facilitate the murder.  Obama's votes to fund the war and
continued death, destruction and genocidal imperial policies are in
this similar vein.  He has given his acquiescence and open approval
to such hawkish policies that clearly facilitated the death and
destruction that you so openly want to attribute to only Bush.

Obama has voted for every last Iraq and Afghan war funding bill.  It
is all the glory of saying the war is wrong and immoral while
continuing to bankroll the occupation that he supposedly dislikes so
much.  These have caused the deaths of untold thousands of soldiers
and civilians.

And as for the rhetoric, this is one severe double standard.  We're
supposed to believe that McCain wants to bomb Iran because he once
crooned "Bomb Iran" to the tune of the Beach Boys yet believe that
Obama may 'see the light' and focus on a more benign policy.  If we
must hold our nose and put our hopes keep "wishing and hoping and
praying" (to steal another great oldies hit lyrics) for Obama to
change and institute a more benign foreign policy, then the same can
be stated about McCain.

If we're not going to take Obama at his words that he's stated in
speeches, debates, et al. then why must we assume the worst about
McCain's positions that he has also stated in speeches, debates et
al.?  Your argument is a slippery slope here and the Obama apologists
seem to really be grasping at straws here to justify a vote for
another imperial presidency.

Its not the act of seeing with our own eyes alone; its correctly
comprehending what we see,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]