[Peace-discuss] Chomsky's analysis on the financial crisis

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 14 22:25:50 CDT 2008

I know you don't mean it this way, but one might conclude from this "unhealthy
tendency" that we needn't make an effort to understand what Public Figures
and/or Progressive Leaders actually mean by what they say or do, because they're
  rarely perspicuous.

But what then is to be done? Judge them on the "content of their character"?
But how are we to know that, if what's said or done depends on an apparently
unknowable context?

On the other hand, it seems to me that exegesis saves... --CGE